I recently was able to sit down with The Philosophy Jerks to have an excellent conversation about gore, horror and the 80s. It's certainly something no horror fan should miss. We touch on:
- The physiological and instinctual draw to gore
- The impact of horror and gore on the viewer
- Our personal history and interest in horror (including some of our favorites)
- Whether gore and horror is appropriate for children (and the long term impact it might have)
- John Hughes and Horror(!!??)
Be sure to listen below and, when finished, check out their other excellent casts here. They also have a facebook page. (Note: I recommend you listen to the whole cast, but the gore talk begins around the 9 minute mark). Enjoy!